Westfalia Wikipedia the free encyclopedia — Volkswagen California

15 Июн 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи Westfalia Wikipedia the free encyclopedia — Volkswagen California отключены
Volkswagen California

Westfalia

Westfalia is the designation of specially converted Volkswagen vans. It is named after the contractor that built the which is headquartered in the town of located in the Westphalia region of .

Westfalia-Werke also converted vans, and produced trailers and products, but they were known for their Volkswagen conversions. Westfalia began Volkswagen buses in 1951. famous pop-top package was later, and became very on the second-generation VW Bus from 1968 to its successor the Vanagon. and then the T4 which was discontinued in 2003. design also inspired imitators, with dozens of companies worldwide offering van conversions. Therefore, not all pop-top are Westfalia conversions, although in the States, the Westfalia conversion was by far the common. Conversely, not all Volkswagen

Westfalia conversions had pop-tops or facilities. Volkswagen offered a package in the 1970s with a interior, but no pop-top. Later, Vanagon conversions were with a pop-top and interior but lacked cooking facilities and included a luggable 12 volt

In 1999, DaimlerChrysler purchased a 49% in Westfalia-Werke’s van conversion division, and in absorbed the remaining 51%. Of since DaimlerChrysler is a Volkswagen this spelled the end of the Volkswagen-Westfalia While Volkswagen still pop-top camper conversions in they now do have another to do the conversions. Meanwhile, Westfalia now high-roof — rather than — factory camper conversions for vans, distributed in the United by Airstream and badged as Dodge They also provide accessories to BMW, including hitches.

Volkswagen California

In 2008, a management buyout and Westfalia Van Conversion is now an independent It still converts some for major car manufacturers to sell their own networks, such as the Nugget. but also markets through its own network of recreational dealers. These models the Ford-based Big Nugget, Volkswagen-based Hedin and the Michelangelo. The Michelangelo uses a Fiat Scudo and is designed to be a major competitor to the California.

On January 28, 2010, Westfalia-Werke for bankruptcy, citing a 40 percent in sales. According to the filing, would like to keep business while they [ citation needed ]

External links [ edit ]


Volkswagen California
Volkswagen California
Volkswagen California

Articles

Other articles of the category "California":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

Born in the USSR

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.


Volkswagen all cars catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about cars Volkswagen.