Wilson the 1978 VW Campmobile VW Transporter T2 Bus Oil Change 2 0L Type4 Engine — Volkswagen Campmob

30 Мар 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи Wilson the 1978 VW Campmobile VW Transporter T2 Bus Oil Change 2 0L Type4 Engine — Volkswagen Campmob отключены
Vw bus sliding door handle

Saturday, October 10, 2009

VW T2 Bus — Oil Change — Type4 Engine

It is time to the oil before winter gets I’ve been changing the oil in my VW Campmobile every six months, or 1,500-2000 miles. According to the the oil should be changed every miles, but I don’t drive much each year. I am to be very liberal with the oil to keep engine wear to a I would like to get as many as I can with this original 2.0L Type4 engine.

Tools and Supplies I Use:

GTX 20W-50 Motor Oil

Mann/Mahle Oil (021115351A )

Washer For Oil Drain (N0138492 )

Oil Strainer Gasket Set )

Gumout Carb + Choke (7559 )

Craftsman Torque ft lbs (44596 )

19mm Socket

13mm Socket

Funnel

Pan

In order to heat up the oil before I it, I like to run a short errand for any minute parts or beer. time I drove up the street to Pep for the Castrol 20W-50. Once I let the bus rest for a few minutes. From the engine, the drain plug is using a 19mm socket. The oil is drained into a 15qt pan so it can be recycled. After draining the I removed the oil filter and oil strainer. The oil should be able to be removed by The oil strainer is removed using a socket and cleaned using Carb + Choke Cleaner. tip from Colin that the strainer cover plate can be with dish soap, to the chance of leaking oil.

After the oil has sufficiently drained, the drain plug and new washer, and tighten with a 19mm (16 ft lbs). Install the new oil filter rubber seal with and hand tighten. Install the oil with a new gasket set, and tighten with a 13mm (9 ft lbs). Do not over tighten the oil bolt.

I use Castrol GTX 20W-50 motor I tried synthetic for a while, but it wasn’t worth the extra Instead, I just change the oil on a regular basis. Remove the oil cap. Using a funnel, the bus with 3.7 quarts ( with an oil change) or 3.2 quarts ( without an oil change). Replace the oil filler cap and up any oil spills. I will wait a and then check the oil level. If it good, I’ll let the engine run for a bit and I’ll check the level If there aren’t any leaks, it is to take the bus out.

Campmobile vw
Vw campmobile
Vw camper 1968
Campmobile vw

Interesting Articles

Смотрите также:
Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Campmob":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

Born in the USSR

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Volkswagen all cars catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about cars Volkswagen.