Follow Dolly the T25 — Volkswagen T25

8 Фев 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи Follow Dolly the T25 — Volkswagen T25 отключены
Volkswagen T25

Follow Dolly the T25

How to register a T25 campervan so you can drive in London’s low zone

Here’s a post I been meaning to write for a ever since I managed to Dolly the 1981 T25 so she could within the low emission zone I could not find a solution to my online so hope this

On 3 January 2012 the low emission rules changed so that campervans that are 2.5 tonnes or heavier could no drive within the M25. registered with the DVLA 2002 or before 1973 are in the zone.

In the run up to the change, campervan who had driven within the LEZ were information from the DVLA them their vehicle incur a daily charge of (yes, that’s £100 day) if they drove the M25.

The Transport for London website the options. Campervan owners can pay to get a – but must do so from a registered This costs about and needs a £32 VOSA test year – so something I decided was not viable considering Dolly £1,800 (in 2009).

Last I was getting ready to move Brighton to London and wanted to to come to, so knew I’d have to and buy a petrol camper, not something I was on being as we’d been to and round Europe and back.

To that Dolly was 2.5 metric or less. Why not go to a weigh bridge? TfL more than that, a bridge receipt is not enough. You to send a letter from the – and bearing in mind VW sold the to third-party firms who kitted out – this was going to be tough. also want a full history if you go for the letter option, is not something I have.

The solution lies in the VIN plate. In it is on the inside of one of the two front doors. The VIN states that Dolly’s weight’ is 2,400KG and has a ‘combined of 3,600KG.

TfL require you to send a of the VIN plate and its rules state the gross weight of the vehicle be not be more than 2.5 tonnes

I submitted the relevant forms to TfL and a couple of days I got another letter telling me that I not drive in the zone. I suspected TfL were actually interested in the weight (which kind of sense).

After finding a new on eBay and accepting that would be moving on to owners I made one last call to They had received the forms and the entering the details had made a entering 2.6 tonnes accidentally almost cost me Dolly). she was on the phone she amended the details and I was able to see from this checker that Dolly was now from the charge.

Do fight While searching online for price Dolly might for if I had to get rid of her, I came across a of people selling diesel as they were no longer LEZ That is not the case if the VIN plate 2,500 KG or less.

When trying to find I called my VW garage. They they knew of van owners had paid the £3,000+ to get a filter

What you need to do (it’s very easy)

Volkswagen T25

If this vehicle checker says vehicle is non compliant, you must:

1. the VIN plate and take a photo. probably inside the door. If it that the vehicle is 2,500KG or ‘gross weight’ . you are exempt – but you register or else you will get the a day fine.

2. Go to the TfL site . It’s a bit tricky to out what you need to do (it took me a of phone calls).  Go to this and download a registration form.

3. in the registration form. There’s no / motorhome category so on page two of the tick the ‘large vans’ box and in ‘campervan / motorhome’. In section 3 ‘none of the above applies’.

4. your V5C vehicle registration

5. Email the documents to TfL.  need to email (or post) things: the registration form, the V5C and the of your VIN plate. The email is on this page .

6. Wait a few You should receive a letter your vehicle can now drive in the If you don’t it is worth calling as may have made a typo above).

7. Enter the wagon! 

Good and let me know if this was helpful

Volkswagen T25
Volkswagen T25
Volkswagen T25
Volkswagen T25
Volkswagen T25

Articles

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Interesting":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

Born in the USSR

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Volkswagen all cars catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about cars Volkswagen.