FAQs Imported vehicles Volkswagen UK — Volkswagen Vento-EU

11 Апр 2015 | Author: | Комментарии к записи FAQs Imported vehicles Volkswagen UK — Volkswagen Vento-EU отключены
Volkswagen Vento-EU

FAQs — Imported

To help you obtain documentation to or export your vehicle the UK we kindly request you please the following information.

I’ve a vehicle from another how much warranty does it

All countries have different according to the legislation and legal applicable in that country.

For vehicles, the only way to confirm warranty is to take your number to your local Retailer who can check our Factory and advise what warranty is for your vehicle.

Please do not that you will have the warranty applicable to UK vehicles as is unlikely to be the case.

In order to that any warranty you do have valid, please abide by the terms and conditions of the warranty.

imported a vehicle from can you tell me what sort of cover is provided?

Personal originating from Western will generally be covered by a called ‘Mobility Guarantee’ the country which supplied the Mobility Guarantee is limited in of the cover and duration it provides (12 and details can be found in the vehicle wallet. Generally this covers failure due to mechanical or failure of the vehicle and does not help for such things as accident recovery, out of, or wrong or lost keys. We therefore recommend that you purchase our Volkswagen assistance cover. For information, please contact 275 577.

What is a Chassis/Vehicle Identification (VIN) number?

In order for us to documentation for your vehicle we need the unique 17 character Vehicle Identification Number number. This will be on the vehicle itself or on the logbook- if you locate this please to the owner’s manual or contact local dealer.

If your is a 1982 model or earlier it is likely to have a shorter VIN a sequence of 10 numbers or less). we do not hold any records for these to obtain any information or documentation contact the Wolfsburg Museum:

0049 5361 8486 171 Speaking)

extern.wolfgang.doerk@volkswagen.de OR


I am a Right or Left hand vehicle over 10 years old an EU or Non-EU country

Regardless of the origin, if your vehicle is 10 years old it can be registered through the with a dating letter and a MOT. We can provide a Dating which will state the of manufacture.

I am importing a vehicle 10 years old from an EU country

If you are a Vehicle under 10 years old another EU country you will a European Certificate of Conformity to present to the DVLA.

If you have a vehicle older than a COC will not be available, to establish vehicle is compliant with UK regulations please contact for an Individual Vehicle Approval inspection.

NB: We are commonly requested from to supply supporting evidence for vehicles entering the UK from Ireland. If this is the case contact VWG Ireland for assistance see ‘Useful Contacts’).

I am importing a under 10 years old from a country

If you are importing a vehicle a non-EU Country a COC will not be please contact VOSA for an Vehicle Approval (IVA)

I am importing a Left-Hand Drive under 10 years old from an EU

To import a Left-Hand Drive you must ensure the following have been made to compliance with UK road

— Headlights are permanently to suit UK traffic

— fog lights operate as a pair or on the right hand side

Speedometer is graduated in MPH

— Two rear-view mirrors

You will to present a Certificate of Conformity and that any necessary modifications been completed (eg. etc.) to the VCA before registering the through the DVLA.

I am exporting to an EU country

You will a European Certificate of Conformity

If you have a commercial vehicle than 2009 or a passenger older than 1997 will be no COC available, please the vehicle authorities of the country you are into for information regarding importation procedures and requirements.

I am to a country outside the EU

For all exports to countries please contact the authorities in the country of import. If you documentation, such as a Statement of please contact us.

I need a Letter

We can produce an official Letter. Please find an form under ‘How do I the documents I need?’

I need a for a Low Emission Zone area

If requested by the LEZ we can produce an official LEZ to declare the EU Emissions Standard of vehicle for low emission zone Please find an application under ‘How do I obtain the I need?’

I wish to amend an on my V5 Registration Document

For manufacturer to amend errors on your V5 document please contact our customer care for assistance:

0800 0322 278

VW COMMERCIAL 0800 783 4909

I need the UK equivalent of a vehicle for insurance

To find the UK model equivalent of vehicle please contact our customer care for assistance see ‘useful contacts’).

What is a of Conformity (COC)?

This is an document issued for all vehicles to be sold and registered within the Union. It confirms the vehicle has tested and meets EU Type Standards.

All Certificates of Conformity are supplied in as standard and cannot be produced in any language. This does not its validity and it will be recognised by all Community countries for vehicle purposes.

How do I obtain the documents I

Please order directly the factory logistics website

All other documents-

Please up to ten working days for any documentation to be and sent. If necessary, we will you via email.

Interesting Articles

Смотрите также:

Other articles of the category "Vento":

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts


Born in the USSR

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Volkswagen all cars catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about cars Volkswagen.